Plan Your Visit
Closed to regular visitors from 29th October 2023 to late Spring 2024. Individual and group can be made during our closed season, subject to volunteer availability – please contact us if you would like to arrange a visit.
Entry is free, though donations are welcomed – all donations help ensure the Museum can continue to operate. No pre-booking is required.
Opening days/times may be reviewed or changed – stay up to date via our website and social media channels.
The museum is open to all ages, but we ask that under-16s are accompanied by a responsible adult.
Facilities on site
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout Elgin Museum.
- We have a Museum Shop on-site, in our Side Hall, where you can buy a souvenir of your visit.
- We offer a contactless card payment facility for donations and/or purchases.
- Some of displays are in an upstairs gallery. We are not currently able to offer lift access to our upper floor, but information on these displays can be found on the Exhibitions page.
- There is a public toilet, adapted for wheelchair users, downstairs in the main gallery of the Museum. There is a second public toilet in our Shop (Side Hall) but this is not wheelchair accessible.
- Find more answers to your accessibility needs questions here.
Planning a Group Visit
If you are looking to organise a group or school visit, please contact us to make an appointment.
Enjoyed your visit?
We are always happy to hear from visitors about their visitor experience – you can fill in our Visitor Book in the Museum, or leave us feedback via Google or Tripadvisor. Tag us on social media using the hashtag #ElginMuseum